A professor told me clearly: “Play is a child’s job.” Well, really, its ours too. Think of it this way, how much did you learn while playing? Take some time and answer these questions while thinking about how you can bring ‘play’ in your life:
1) What games did I enjoy playing the most in life and why?
2) What was my favorite toy? What adventures did I have with it?
3) What aspect of your job now relates the most to what you played as a kid?
4) Ok, what toy did you not get as a kid that you wished you had? (did you get it?)
5) When you played, did you ever think about the social, political, scientific, and job related skills you were developing? (hmmm…)
6) How many “problems” did you solve in your imaginary or gamed adventures?
Pursuing Learning And Yearning