9.11.01… The news came from the radio as I was pulling into the church parking lot in Cortland. I was only in full time ministry for three and a half months.
Three lessons learned:
1) Crisis is when seemingly unpractical theology becomes intensely practical.
2) The purpose of churches building relationships in the community is to be there in times of need: to help & be the shoulder to cry on.
3) Crisis makes what is important crystal clear.
Certain things should not be forgotten about 9.11.01:
1) Crisis brings out the best in us.
2) Evil exists in the world.